PSUth

Prince Street Youth Ministry Shippensburg, Pa

Monday, September 18, 2006

"Life is Good but Eternal Life is Better" Week #2 - Sex is Good but Done God's Way It is Even Better!

Sex is always one of those topics that draws a lot of attention. The world like to portray sex as the thing to do. God's word on the other hand gives us a clear picture of how, when and with who we should have sex with. Done in God's way sex is better than good ... it is GREAT!

Key Verses:
Deuteronomy 5:18
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Ephesians 5:3
1 Thessalonians 4:3-4

Example from the Bible: Tough Decisions and Touch Consequences

Situation #1 - David & Bathsheba: 2 Samuel 11 &12
Situation #2 - Joseph & Potiphar: Genesis 39
Situation #3 - The Adulterous Woman: John 8:1-11


PC Tips to Staying Pure:
1. Know in your head and in your heart your physical boundaries before you get married and
don’t move those boundaries forward until you do get married.
2. Communicate those boundaries with the one that you are dating.
3. Stay out of tempting situations!
4. Find someone to keep you accountable - someone who has permission to ask you the tough questions and someone with whom you can be brutally honest.

True Love Waits commitment that some of you made.
Believing that True Love Waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to remain sexually pure from this day forward until the day I enter into a biblical marriage relationship.

If you are interested in learning more about True Love Waits, make sure you contact Pastor Craig as soon as possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Im kind of sad that I missed it, but thank you so much for getting the papers to me! Will be getting the card and stuff to you on Sunday if I remember it!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home